Tuesday, December 16

On the road


Pathway
Originally uploaded by hairy_matt
So, no new pics to post at the moment, but that's because I don't have access to any RAW conversion software while cycle touring. We are currently in Arthur's Pass, South Island of NZ. Tomorrow we ride down towards the west coast, and then south towards Queenstown and Milford Sound.

The weather has been rubbish so far, but the scenery is fantastic. Huge glacial valleys with trestle bridges spanning massive rivers.. Very Montana-esque, with a hint of Scotland about it.

The cycling is going fine so far, though we've only really put in one proper day. I had to buy a new wheel in Christchurch (when we unpacked the bikes on arrival in NZ I found my rear wheel bearings had seized completely...serves me right for washing my bike before flying..).

We managed to pare the kit right down this time so we both have quite managable loads. I think we're going to try to put in a few epic days in order to get an extra day off... Watch this space to see if we make it..

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be watching. I'm very jealous too! Can't wait to see the pictures.

Steven