Tuesday, October 4

Police everywhere

Riding home yesterday there were police all over the place. Two patrol cars parked on the roundabout by St Mellons, two more just down the road at the petrol station and at least 4 or 5 haring about with lights flashing and sirens on as I rode home over Rumney hill.. They had some cones out on the roandabout so I wondered if there'd been a hit and run and they were chasing the driver down...who knows.

The large police presence came in handy actually as some little chavvy girl thought it'd be funny to leap out in front of me causing me to slam on the brakes and swerve into traffic. She ran off giggling so I hopped onto the pavement and chased her down (I have a new policy of confronting bad behaviour in kids, somebody has to). Anyhow, I was just catching up with her when a passing Police van pulled in, the passenger leaned out of the window and collared her. He was proper furious (they'd seen her jump out at me and cause me to almost go under a car) and gave her a good earfull. Sadly though it mostly seemed to bounce off, she was very mouthy to him in return (far cheekier than I would have dared to be to a policeman at that age..) and ended up running off anyhow. Still, I reckon she'll think twice before doing that again.

No comments: