Wednesday, September 7

Back with a vengeance

So, it's back to the daily rush of playing in traffic.
I've just had 5 weeks off work, a fun trip travelling round Africa with my girlfriend, but now it's back home, back to work and so back on the bike..

Before I went away I was riding to work 4 days out of five, riding off-road every Wednesday night and usually one day at the weekend. I think that probably means I was pretty fit...(past tense is important here). We went out for a short spin on the local trails last night and it hurt. It never ceases to amaze me how long it takes to build up fitness on the bike, and how quickly you can lose it. Oh well, as well as riding both ways today at 12 miles each way, I'm also off out this evening for a spin on the trails north of the city which will probably add up to around 50 miles in total for my second day back on the bike. There's nothing like dropping yourself back in at the deep end..

On the plus side, no one tried to kill me this morning. Even the number 30 bus drove round me instead of through me, I always take that as a good sign...

No comments: