Friday, September 9

Chilled ride in this morning

Due to having a fairly important meeting this morning and not wanting to be in too much of an aggro cycle warrior mood for it, I made a point of spinning in gently and enjoying the scenery... I got to work feeling relaxed and invigorated and only 5 minutes slower than usual. Result.

It is scary actually the extent to which a commute can affect my mood. I had a few near misses with idiotic cars a while back, after the first one I was left timid and shaken and carried that over to my conduct at work. The second time I felt righteous indignation and turned up at work ready to punch the lights out of anyone who disagreed with me... Neither ideal states of mind, but interesting nonetheless.

I'm going to have a chilled ride home now, the long way via the coast... It's usually windy, but much less stressful.

No comments: